[TYPO3-english] removing empty markers from wfqbe

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Apr 8 12:05:30 CEST 2015

Am 07.04.15 um 23:01 schrieb Nico Deblauwe:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to power up the search function in a database, but struggle hard
> with removing the "empty markers" from wfqbe. I've read the manual (
> http://bit.ly/1ahRCVC), but somehow this is a bit too short for me.
>
> All the other, more lengthy, info I could find refers to "extension
> kickstarter", but this doesn't seem to be compatible with TYPO3 6.2.x that
> I use.

ext:kickstarter still exists, but not in TER :(
https://github.com/mneuhaus/TYPO3-Kickstarter

> I've tried to copy what is in the tutorial somehow in the extension that I
> created with "extension builder", by creating a "res" directory manually
> (as it doesn't exist by creation) and putting the file in there - but this
> did not work...

TYPO3 extensions consist of more than one PHP file. kickstarter and
ExtensionBuilder(EB) will fill in most of the neccessary data and create
the neccessary files. but so EB is partly able to edit files
(Kickstarter will only overwrite) take the first generated files and
enhance them by hand. especially as kickstarter does not know about the
new file/folder structure invented with extbase which you might want to
use even if you does not use extbase.

> Also, the manual says to add "$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']..." to the
> ext_localconf.php file, but I'm wondering whether this shouldn't be
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']...

in a special way that is the same. up until 6.0 it was
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[] since 6.0 it is $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'][]

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html