[TYPO3-english] Extension list

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri May 9 11:29:16 CEST 2014

Hi Katja,

> Anyway I was not talking about Extension Manager. I was talking about
> the http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/

OK :)

> This is the place where extensions are monitored, searched and examined.

There is a project on forge for feature request, the team is usually
quite quick to go through if it makes sense but they work +/- during
"code sprints".

> This is how I do it when I need for example forum:
> - I search "forum"
> - I Sort by "Last update"
> - I click one by one to open and see what might be compatible with the
> site and installation in question
> - then I install and test

What would make sense is a search facet to filter the compatibility with
a given version of TYPO3.

Additionally, I don't install an extension without any manual, just to say.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member