[TYPO3-english] Extension list

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri May 9 13:34:17 CEST 2014

Hi Xavier,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

>> This is how I do it when I need for example forum:
>> - I search "forum"
>> - I Sort by "Last update"
>> - I click one by one to open and see what might be compatible with the
>> site and installation in question
>> - then I install and test
>
> What would make sense is a search facet to filter the compatibility with
> a given version of TYPO3.

We would need some solr expert to make this happen. The compatible versions
are already available in each version record as json inside a field.
We would need someone who can adapt the indexing configuration and more
important the list template (the TER list is always a solr search result).

> Additionally, I don't install an extension without any manual, just to
> say.

Same as above. There is already a field for this (AFAIK). Although this on
is not yet actively filled. But since we have a messaging queue now, we
could wait for docs.typo3.org and fill the field once a documentation is
rendered. Therefore would could add this to the solr index configuration
again and adapt the template (needs a solr guy).

It just needs someone to do it :)

Anyway with the next deployment (or at least the once after that) we will
get the outdated extensions filter and a job that marks extensions as
outdated once they do not support at least one actively maintained version.
e.g. 4.3-4.6 is valid because of 4.5; 4.6-4.6 is not valid any more, etc.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!