[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 version 6.2beta ImageMagick scales wrong

Vincent Mans vincent at vibis.nl
Tue Mar 18 22:48:55 CET 2014

Hi, in addition to my call.

For instance, a .tiff (or .tif) image with w * h.

Original size:
652 * 791 => ratio = 0.82

When setting height in content element to 125px the resulting image becomes:
196 * 125 => ratio = 1.57
The 196px width should be 103px width in stead.

Setting width to e.g. 125px results in this:
125 * 152 => ratio = 0.82

Portrait tifs are narrowed. There is no tif going okay, even square ones
are flattened. And of course, this customer has all the images as tif.

With the images as .png it goes okay.

So, in conclusion, setting the height on .tiff/.tif makes the wrong ratio.
Only in 6.2 because on the same server (so same ImageMagick) with 6.1.7 I
encounter no problems.

Additional information:

Configuration Presets > Image handling settings mentions this:
ImageMagick version 6 or higher was not found in standard system paths.

Strange, because it works in the Install Tool Test setup. And it works in
6.1.7. (Is this buggy as well?)

All configuration (if it matters):

[GFX][imagefile_ext] = gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,tiff,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pd
[GFX][gdlib_png] = 1 (if 0, same problems)
[GFX][im_noScaleUp] = 0 (or 1, no difference)

Quality and Type settings make no difference.

That's about it I guess. Smells buggy, but I have no idea.

Thanks! Vincent