[TYPO3-english] Re: Trouble with Templating tutorial : Basics

José Fournier jaaf.forums at zoraldia.com
Sat Jan 25 19:07:54 CET 2014

Hi François,

Thank you for answering

Quote: François Suter[1] wrote on Sat, 25 January 2014 18:20

> As a workaround, you can edit the extension's ext_emconf.php file. There
> you will find a line with the following:
The question I have is how to edit a file in an extension that is not installed. I downloaded it but I cannot open the archive.

> Are your files really located in "fileadmin/_temp_/"?
Yes they are:

> Have you used your browser's developer tools to check the status of
> these files? Are they fetched properly or do you get a 404 error?
 Pointing to localhost/fileadmin/_temp_/style.css, I am told I have no permission to access this file on this server (that seems to be normal)
Pointing to file:///..../style.css I can read.
When I use the inspect the element, I cannot see any styling other than the one from the user agent.

The file belongs to apache and is readable by everybody.

> All I can imagine is that the file is not at the place where it is
> declared to be. The TypoScript seems correct and the rendering in your
> page is consistent with it (i.e the generated <link> tag correspond to
> page.stylesheet).
I could achieve all the tuto but without any styling at all. I would like to be really able to have these styles.

With best regards

José Fournier