[TYPO3-english] Trouble with Templating tutorial : Basics

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jan 25 19:19:19 CET 2014

Hi José,

>> As a workaround, you can edit the extension's ext_emconf.php file.
>> There you will find a line with the following:
> The question I have is how to edit a file in an extension that is not
> installed. I downloaded it but I cannot open the archive.

All extensions can be found in typo3conf/ext/. So for the templating
tutorial, you will find the files in typo3conf/ext/doc_tut_templating.

>> Have you used your browser's developer tools to check the status of
>> these files? Are they fetched properly or do you get a 404 error?
> Pointing to localhost/fileadmin/_temp_/style.css, I am told I have no
> permission to access this file on this server (that seems to be normal)

Well, no, that does not seem normal. CSS files must be accessible by the
browser. So here is your issue. You need to check the rights on all the
folders ("fileadmin", then "_temp_") and then the "style.css" file itself.

> The file belongs to apache and is readable by everybody.

So the file seems ok, but maybe not one of the parent directories.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch