[TYPO3-english] Trouble with Templating tutorial : Basics

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jan 25 18:20:13 CET 2014

Hi José,

> Unfortunately, this extension is not compatible with version newer than
> 6.0.99.

That's unfortunate and a mistake on our part (the Documentation Team).
The extension's compatibility range should have been extended.

As a workaround, you can edit the extension's ext_emconf.php file. There
you will find a line with the following:

> # Default PAGE object:
> page = PAGE
> page.10 = TEMPLATE
> page.10.template = FILE
> page.10.template.file = fileadmin/_temp_/index.html
> # Insert shortcut icon in the head of the website
> #page.shortcutIcon = fileadmin/_temp_/favicon.ico
> # Insert stylesheet in the head of the website
> page.stylesheet = fileadmin/_temp_/style.css

Are your files really located in "fileadmin/_temp_/"?

> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
> href="typo3temp/stylesheet_bcd352657f.css?1390659395" media="all">
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
> href="fileadmin/_temp_/style.css?1390663766" media="all">

Have you used your browser's developer tools to check the status of
these files? Are they fetched properly or do you get a 404 error?

> How to explain that the style.css sheet has no effect while the tuto
> says it should ?

All I can imagine is that the file is not at the place where it is
declared to be. The TypoScript seems correct and the rendering in your
page is consistent with it (i.e the generated <link> tag correspond to
page.stylesheet).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter