[TYPO3-english] Can't copy alternative lang. items

Miguel xadi10 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:11:17 CET 2014

Hi everyone.

I have 2 big questions for the community:

QUESTION 1: I have 3 alternative language pages in my website: english (default), french (alternative 1), german (alternative 2) and italian (alternative 3).

Because of all this languages, i have to translate all the items to the 3 alternative languages, but i am not suceeding in copy and paste some items, like felogin.

For example, i translated all the messages of the plugin in the homepage to french. And now i need to copy/paste the french translated plugin to all the other french pages. However i am not able to do this copy/paste of the french version, i can only copy the english (default) element and paste it to the other pages, and then make the translation.

So, this is a gigantic piece of work, because with this process, if i have 20 pages in my website, i will have to make by hand 20 french translations of the plugin. And then other 20 for german and italian.

Isn't there anyway faster and usable than this?

QUESTION 2: The footer of my website has only some text (copyright term only) , so i made it directly inside the template. But now, the client wants it translated in all the 4 languages, so now it doesnt work anymore have it placed in the template.

What is the best solution to this question?

Kind regards to everyone