[TYPO3-english] Can't copy alternative lang. items

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Jan 24 14:52:49 CET 2014

Am 24.01.14 14:11, schrieb Miguel:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I have 2 big questions for the community:
>

> QUESTION 1: I have 3 alternative language pages in my website: english
> (default), french (alternative 1), german (alternative 2) and italian
> (alternative 3).
>
> Because of all this languages, i have to translate all the items to the
> 3 alternative languages, but i am not suceeding in copy and paste some
> items, like felogin.
> For example, i translated all the messages of the plugin in the homepage
> to french. And now i need to copy/paste the french translated plugin to
> all the other french pages. However i am not able to do this copy/paste
> of the french version, i can only copy the english (default) element and
> paste it to the other pages, and then make the translation.
>
> So, this is a gigantic piece of work, because with this process, if i
> have 20 pages in my website, i will have to make by hand 20 french
> translations of the plugin. And then other 20 for german and italian.
>
> Isn't there anyway faster and usable than this?

1. plugins normaly got their strings from translation-files
(locallang.*) so you only have to load the translation of that plugins
(extensionmanager or Language-module since 6.0) or create the missing
translation once.

2. if you need a plugin (or other CE) with specific configuration (which
can not be inside typoscript) you can insert another CE by reference.
all changes of the referenced CE will change on all referencing pages
(if their cache is cleared)

3. possibly you can slide content from a parent page into all subpages
(normaly all content from a specified BE-column)

> QUESTION 2: The footer of my website has only some text (copyright term
> only) , so i made it directly inside the template. But now, the client
> wants it translated in all the 4 languages, so now it doesnt work
> anymore have it placed in the template.
>
> What is the best solution to this question?

depending on your templeting (Marker-template (incudes TV),
fluid-template, you can define markers/variables which are filled with
text inside your typoscript. in the typoscript you can differntiate the
string depending on the current language.

in fluid-templates you can insert static text immediate in the template
with the translate-viewhelper (http://wiki.typo3.org/Fluid#f:translate)

in marker templates you can override translation-files or translate a
string inside the typoscript itself (http://pi-phi.de/61.html)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html