[TYPO3-english] Cannot manage to install any version of typo3

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Thu Jan 23 16:20:28 CET 2014

Am 23.01.2014 16:03, schrieb José Fournier:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to typo3 and I want to try it. Thus I created a local apache
> server on my Gentoo system. Using the Introduction package I unpacked
> the archive and put the content on my web root /var/www/localhost/htdocs.
> (I mean that I put the content of the Introductionpackage-6.1.7 folder
> into htdocs) Then I pointed my browser to localhost and get the
> install wizard.
> Problem 1:
> Giving it the database username and password, I was told that the
> connection to the database was impossible. I added the database name
> manually into typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php. And it worked.
> Problem 1 solved.
>
> Problem 2:
> Finishing the wizard (after entering new password, color, etc.) I was
> invited to visit the site and I get this message:
>
> #1294587218: No TypoScript template found! (More information)
> clicking the More information link, I was told  that I must create
> pages in the pagetree and then I need to create a template record with
> some content, which describes how your pages should be rendered :D I
> read the tutorial about typo script . OK but not very inspiring for a
> newbie nevertheless I roughly understand but as it is not part of the
> install tutorial it doesn't tell me exactly what to do as I had
> expected from a  tutorial for absolute beginners. Problem 2 unsolved
>
> Problem 3:
> But based on what is said above  (I must create pages), I tried to
> connect to the backend pointing to localhost/typo3 in the hope to
> understand how to create pages.
> After entering password I was told #1195126772: $toolbarItem
> "shortcuts" must implement interface
> TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Toolbar\ToolbarItemHookInterface (More information)
> Cliking the link more information and reading the information there I
> am unable to go forward. Problem 3 unsolved.
>
> I tried this with php-5.5.7 and 5.4.23 with same results
>
> My question is :
> « Is it on educational purposes that during the installation process
> I go from exception to exception, or did I really missed something
> important from the beginning ? »
> I really need some help.

Hi José,

Actually problem #3 is a PHP 5.4 / 5.5 bug that is yet unsolved :( as
far as I know; there seem to be patches that remedy the situation, but I
haven't tried that so far.

Problem #2 however is easily solved - IF you get into the backend. Once
you got there, you have to create a root page in the page module; you
click on the top icon in the page tree, go to page action -> new page.
Then you change to the template module, and tell it to add a typoscript
template for a root page there. As far as I remember, it will just add a
"Hello World!" message as output, but at least you will get something ;)

Cheers, Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"A fight is something that goes to the finish."
(Hagakure)