[TYPO3-english] Cannot manage to install any version of typo3

José Fournier jaaf.forums at zoraldia.com
Thu Jan 23 16:03:09 CET 2014

Hi,

I am new to typo3 and I want to try it. Thus I created a local apache server on my Gentoo system.
Using the Introduction package I unpacked the archive and put the content on my web root /var/www/localhost/htdocs.
(I mean that I put the content of the Introductionpackage-6.1.7 folder into htdocs)
Then I pointed my browser to localhost and get the install wizard.

Problem 1:
Giving it the database username and password, I was told that the connection to the database was impossible. I added the database name manually into typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php. And it worked.  Problem 1 solved.

Problem 2:
Finishing the wizard (after entering new password, color, etc.) I was invited to visit the site and I get this message:

#1294587218: No TypoScript template found! (More information)
clicking the More information link, I was told  that I must create pages in the pagetree and then I need to create a template record with some content, which describes how your pages should be rendered :D
I read the tutorial about typo script . OK but not very inspiring for a newbie nevertheless I roughly understand but as it is not part of the install tutorial it doesn't tell me exactly what to do as I had expected from a  tutorial for absolute beginners.
Problem 2 unsolved

Problem 3:
But based on what is said above  (I must create pages), I tried to connect to the backend pointing to localhost/typo3 in the hope to understand how to create pages.
After entering password I was told
#1195126772: $toolbarItem "shortcuts" must implement interface TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Toolbar\ToolbarItemHookInterface (More information)
Cliking the link more information and reading the information there I am unable to go forward.
Problem 3 unsolved.

I tried this with php-5.5.7 and 5.4.23 with same results

My question is :
« Is it on educational purposes that during the installation process  I go from exception to exception, or did I really missed something important from the beginning ? »

I really need some help.