[TYPO3-english] Remove CoolURI from Home

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Fri Jan 3 00:47:40 CET 2014

Am 03.01.2014 00:36, schrieb Mike Kane:
> Sorry but it doesnt worked out for me, maybe i'm doing something wrong
> because i'm geting an error, the browser said that no typoscript
> template has been found...
>
> This is what i did : i have put my "Home" in the top of the website,
> enabled it as root page, changed it to shortcut type and pointed it to
> "Root" page.
>
> I have removed all the template information from the constants in
> "Root"  and placed it in "Home", and this is giving me an error,
> certainly i am doing something wrong...
>
> Sorry to bother you with this subject again, but i would appreciate
> very a more specific set of instructions.
>
> Kind regards
Huh?

So you got

root
   home (shortcut to root, set as root and containing the template)

This won't work, since root is out of the scope of the template.

Try

root (containing the template and set as root)
   home (shortcut to root)

I usually do

root (containing the template and set as root, shortcut to home)
   home

In any case, the root template always has to have scope over the root page.

HTH
Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"When one departs to the front, he should carry rice in a bag."
(Hagakure)