[TYPO3-english] eid, userINT and RTE content

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Apr 9 16:34:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 9-4-2014 15:34, Éric Thibault wrote:
> I've seen that your class uses the id of the page... mine does not! Is it a problem?

I suspect that it is a problem. If you don't have a page id the cObj
probably cannot load the TypoScript configuration.

Anyway, if you need to load the entire frontend configuration it's
easier to not use eID and simply use a special page object (with some
type number) to render content.

> P.S. Can you tell me (for my personal culture) why Typo3 needs to
> reinterpret the RTE content? It could be a lot simpler to reuse and
> show the original content...

The RTE uses an element in the browser which has set the option that the
content is editable. Each browser generates slightly different HTML. The
RTE compensates for that and stores the content in a format that is
generally usable.
Before displaying it, it has to be processed again. For one thing the
URLs have to be correctly generated. This is especially important in
situations where there are multiple domains served by a single
installation. Also tools like RealURL, cooluri which generate speaking
URLs have to be taken into account. Frontend users can have restrictions
regarding which pages can be accessed; sometimes links to these pages
should not be generated, in other cases they should link to a login
page. Loads of things that the frontend rendering has to deal with.
Also, different HTML/XHTML/XML versions require more or less different
output.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor