[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 file selection wizard too complex

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Apr 10 12:31:06 CEST 2014

I have a problem with the datastructure found on the server:

we have a folder which contains ~200 Folder each with 20 to 15000 images.
navigation in the filelist-module is a pain as for the top-folder each
subfolder is scanned to display the number of contained files which
takes about 10 minutes (executing 'ls -la *' on a shell takes around 45
seconds)

But a real pain is navigation in a file selection popup:

I have created new CEs with fluidcontent.
some contain fields for images which should be filled with the file
selection wizard from TYPO3.
opening the file selection wizard and navigating to the top folder
mentioned above results in waiting times much longer than the
fiellist-module (so there is no display of contained files or thumbnails).
and even navigating into these subfolders (even folders with just 50
files) takes about 10 minutes and more.

are there any configuration to speed up these navigations?
need I write my own wizard or viewhelper? are there some examples?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html