[TYPO3-english] Provider forces customers to update their software

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Wed May 29 15:22:20 CEST 2013

Op 29-5-2013 15:11, Robert Wildling schreef:
> @Rudy: which other providers do have such a policy? I only worked on
> about 10 providers so far, but none - except hosttech - is behaving that
> rigorousely.

I don't remember all of them, but the last hosting provider I was with
which had this policy and actively enforced it was hostingu2.nl.

If they're smart most hosting providers will have this in their
contracts/terms of use, even if they don't actively enforce it. They
might be liable for damages if a server is hacked due to one of their
customer's websites if they don't (though I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not
sure).