[TYPO3-english] Update of late 4.7.x to 6.0 or 6.1

HocomAdvies [  Wiechert Hooghwinkel ] info at hocom-advies.nl
Thu Mar 28 11:41:20 CET 2013

Hi,

I did an update recently from a version 4.6.1. to version 6.0.4 on a test-system. I experienced some troubles.

1. White screen problem. This was mainly the result of not updating the extensions before starting with updating towards 6.0.4.
2. One of the scary things I found out after the update off powermail (which coused the white screen probs) was that the forms created where no longer working in the newest version. The solution i found advised for this, is to create a new form with the updated powermail. So note all the settings, etc which you did in the powermail before updat to a newer version becouse they are no longer there.

3.Also I had some problems with realUrl not working properly. Suddenly giving an RealURL error: unable to determine rootpage_id for the current domain. This problem dissolved after some time waiting (deleting the cache files etc.). But still appears when I use the url without the www.part.com so part.com results in the error.

4. An other strange thing is in the backend. pages are not refrehing when for example adding a new Content Element to a page. Nothing shows up the page stays white/ empty. Same thing when using the extension manager. Some actions keep the manager just showing the work in progress circle and nothing is happening anymore.

How to resolve these two things point 3 and 4 ? Thanks.

My system: including Templavoila,  PHP/5.3.3-7+squeeze15 - mysql versie 5.1.66  versie typo3 4.6.1.

Best Regards,
HocomAdvies

Wiechert Hooghwinkel

www.hocom-advies.nl
 Op 28 mrt. 2013, om 11:06 heeft Xavier Perseguers het volgende geschreven: