[TYPO3-english] Update of late 4.7.x to 6.0 or 6.1

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Mar 28 11:06:07 CET 2013

Hi,

> I am still on 4.7.x, because Gridelements wasn't ready for 6.x. Now it

gridelements2 is available from Forge and is compatible with 6.x. It is
not yet bullet proof but works! Trick: you just have to checkout branch
2-0 because master is empty :)

> is and I would like to try the update. In earlier years it was a good
> strategy to update in small steps, like 4.7.x -> 6.0 -> 6.1. On the
> other hand, this 6.0 release came with a big bang, and an avalanche of
> problems for migrated sites, which might have been solved in 6.1.

Fixes have all been backported to 6.0 so simply use a current 6.0
(6.0.4) and you should be fine.

> Could you recommend an update path? I'm not talking about a production
> site, so I'm allowed to take some risks.

Make sure all of your extensions are up-to-date, backup your website+DB
(as usual) and try...

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers