[TYPO3-english] Still documentation problems

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Fri Mar 8 09:26:48 CET 2013

Hi,

after spending a day or two writing documentation for a new extension
with LibreOffice and the official doc-template I am getting an
understanding about why so few people are writing documentations nowadays.

My current problem is the table of contents. After finishing the
documentation I was trying to update the TOC. Everything looks ok,
except the introduction page, which shows the complete text (of that
page) within the TOC.

The trouble page has the following structure:

Introduction (Header Type 2, visible in TOC)

What does it do? (Header Type 3, visible in TOC)

A two paragraph text (tried: Standard, Text-Body and List) -- fully
visible in TOC

Another header (Type 4) -- not showing in TOC at all

Two paragraphs (not visible in TOC, which is good)

Another header (Type 4) -- not visible in TOC at all

Two paragraphs (not visible in TOC, which is good)

Checked all control characters. No whitespace, no empty lines between
header and bodytext - just styles from the official template.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thomas

p.s. Way back in the early 1980's I just started my stone age word
processor and after an hour of work got a document with all
neccessities. What an evolution since those days