[TYPO3-english] How to use getText "data" with XLF?

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 16:30:27 CET 2013

I'm not sure, that you're right.

We're running many projects in TYPO3 4.7, where we use FLUIDTEMPLATE with
following notations:
{f:translate(key: 'LLL:fileadmin/path/to/locallang.xml:page.logo.title',
default: 'Home')}
and it works correctly.

I only remember issues in localization with XLIFF, when only English labels
were always fetched, when you were trying to get them via fluid viewHelper
or TS, like in this topic.

I didn't try it for a long time, but since issue still non-closed in
bugtracker, I can assume, that is may not be fixed
yet: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/35093
This is an issue, that I've opened long time ago, regarding fluid translate
viewhelper: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/35830