[TYPO3-english] Re: Installation 'Non-Static Method' Error with 6.1.1

Jules ohanlon at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 2 19:20:08 CEST 2013

Thank you very much for your kind reply.  I did the Introduction Package installation as you said and all went fine.  BUT of course nothing is that simple!  I then followed the steps for the Install Tool to create a database and got the following error:

#1270853882: TYPO3 Fatal Error: No database selected! (More information)

RuntimeException thrown in file
G:\TYPO3_4.7.7\htdocs\Lingard\typo3\sysext\core\Classes\Database\DatabaseConnection.php in line 1520.

My book said to use 'root' as the username, no password and localhost:8501 as the host.  I have also tried variations such as just localhost, localhost:8502, db_user as in the guide you sent me and making up a password.  Nothing works.  Same error.  What on earth am I doing wrong?  Can I be that stupid?  All the things I find online and in my book go on about how simple it is to get started.  Not so!

I am using IE9. I am unsure what other information to give you.  Sorry for being such a dummy but then I suppose we all have to start somewhere!

Thank you for your help,
Jules