[TYPO3-english] Installation 'Non-Static Method' Error with 6.1.1

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Jun 2 15:16:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 2-6-2013 13:08, Jules wrote:
> Is there anyone who can give me a simple solution on how to install
> Typo3 on my computer?  I am desperate to start learning but do not
> particularly want to get into all the complicated background stuff at
> this stage.

I think most people assumed that you were quite comfortable with setting
up a web server.
You mentioned that you use Windows 7. Using a package like XAMPP for
Windows [1] would make it easier to have a functional webserver up and
running.

The simplest package to get running is the Introduction Package. If you
use the Zip version then there shouldn't be any problems running it on
Windows.
(You can get a symlinked version (like in the .tar.gz archives) running
on windows, but you need to create the symlinks yourself. Not a real
problem, but maybe nice once you have TYPO3 up and running.)

The official installation guide can be found at [2]. With the
introduction package and a completed installation procedure you should
have a running frontend and backend.

If you want people to help with specific problems, try to give as much
information as possible; the steps you've taken, error messages you
received, etc.

[1] http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
[2] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InstallationGuide/Index.html

--