[TYPO3-english] Installation 'Non-Static Method' Error with 6.1.1

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jun 3 06:40:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 2-6-2013 19:20, Jules wrote:
> My book said to use 'root' as the username, no password and
> localhost:8501 as the host.  I have also tried variations such as just
> localhost, localhost:8502, db_user as in the guide you sent me and
> making up a password.  Nothing works.  Same error.  What on earth am I
> doing wrong?  Can I be that stupid?  All the things I find online and in
> my book go on about how simple it is to get started.  Not so!

Default port for MySQL is 3306. If you use XAMPP the default setup for
MySQL is indeed:
host: localhost
port: 3306
user: root
password: <blank>

"localhost" may not be known on Windows by default, you may have to add
it to the "hosts" file first (on my Vista installation located in
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc ). Add lines like:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1       localhost

The second line is the IPv6 address version of 127.0.0.1.

To see if your database is working you can use the PhpMyAdmin tool that
comes with XAMPP. You can use that tool also to create an empty database
first and select it in the Install Tool.

Take everything step by step. First make sure your webserver is working.
XAMPP comes with a control panel where you can see if Apache is running
and which ports it uses, if MySQL is running and which ports it uses.
Then you can check if you can see the web pages that come with XAMPP
show up in your browser and you can see if MySQL is working with the
PhpMyAdmin tool that comes with XAMPP.
If that is working correctly you can try to install TYPO3.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!