[TYPO3-english] 6.1.1 Add Image Window Slow Loading

Mike Minckler mike.minckler at brentwood.bc.ca
Thu Jul 11 07:45:03 CEST 2013

Hi List,
   I'm in the process of upgrading my site from 4.7.10 to 6.1.1. I'm
familiar with the upgrade process and went to 6.0.6 then to 6.1.1 and
everything is working great except there is a problem when I go to add
an image in a content element. From what I can gather monitoring iotop
and lsof, typo is grinding away on the migrated/pics folder, pulling
anywhere from 500megs to over a Gig of info before eventually displaying
the add image pop up window after about 90 seconds. Each time I attempt
to open the pop up or change a folder the pop up hangs as typo starts
grinding away on the migrated/pics folder images, accessing the same
images over again during each new request as it is only getting about
half way through the images in the folder. PHP (5.3.10) max execution
time is 240 secs and memory limit is 512 megs. The migrated/pics folder
has 2430 images (1.2 Gigs) in it and I suspect that the file abstraction
layer is having problems dealing with this many images. Anyone with typo
core or FAL knowledge have any ideas as to what may be causing this
issue? Thanks!
Mike Minckler