[TYPO3-english] 6.1.1 Add Image Window Slow Loading

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Jul 11 08:28:25 CEST 2013

Hi MIke,

have you installed FAL?
Could you please take a look into the sql monitor if fal is asked for
images?

Thanks
Kay

Am 11.07.13 07:45, schrieb Mike Minckler:
> Hi List,
>   I'm in the process of upgrading my site from 4.7.10 to 6.1.1. I'm
> familiar with the upgrade process and went to 6.0.6 then to 6.1.1 and
> everything is working great except there is a problem when I go to add
> an image in a content element. From what I can gather monitoring iotop
> and lsof, typo is grinding away on the migrated/pics folder, pulling
> anywhere from 500megs to over a Gig of info before eventually displaying
> the add image pop up window after about 90 seconds. Each time I attempt
> to open the pop up or change a folder the pop up hangs as typo starts
> grinding away on the migrated/pics folder images, accessing the same
> images over again during each new request as it is only getting about
> half way through the images in the folder. PHP (5.3.10) max execution
> time is 240 secs and memory limit is 512 megs. The migrated/pics folder
> has 2430 images (1.2 Gigs) in it and I suspect that the file abstraction
> layer is having problems dealing with this many images. Anyone with typo
> core or FAL knowledge have any ideas as to what may be causing this
> issue? Thanks!
> Mike Minckler

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach