[TYPO3-english] Info on Fluid

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Mon Apr 29 18:30:29 CEST 2013

Hello Pero,

On 29/04/2013 16:39, Pero Peric wrote:
> but I would like to ask if there is some tutorial (like modern templating)
> for this Fluid thing?

Using Fluid in TypoScript works very similar to old fashioned marker
based templates. Instead of the cObject TEMPLATE you use FLUIDTEMPLATE [1].

Fluid itself is a backport from TYPO3 FLOW, where you can also find much
about it. Here [2] most likely all about Fluid templates and here [3] a
reference about Fluids ViewHelpers.

Interesting might also be [4] which explains Fluid in an extension
development background with Extbase.

> I'd also like to know what I get with this
> compared with old kind of development?

In my opinion (and only mine): Not much other than being more modern.
I like Fluid and use it for all my own projects. It is more intuitive,
more powerful and offers more possiblity to solve a problem.
At the same time it can also be boiled down to a template outputting
some variables which are filled with content generated through
TypoScript, so basically the same as the old marker based templates.

But because of this the basics of Fluid are easily learned and probably
more than sufficient enough for smaller sites.

Pleasant new week and
kind regards
Stefan

[1]