[TYPO3-english] XLIFF replacement for llxmltranslate

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Apr 5 16:56:25 CEST 2013

Hello Markus,

> I’d now like to finally convert all language files to XLIFF (with extdeveval I guess?).

Yes

> Which extension/tool can be used to manage the translations.
>
> It should have similar features like llxmltranslate.

Having a look at
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-llxmltranslate/repository/revisions
I see absolutely no changeset to support XLIFF and I see no feature
request either :-(

Unfortunately I'm not aware of something similar to llxmltranslate. You
may work with Virtaal but it's not really handy with TYPO3 to be honest.

Best would be to enhance llxmltranslate I guess. Don't know why it was
not suggested/implemented already. I fear we only start having people
really upgrading to latest version and think about switching to XLIFF.

> Furthermore the extension is not public, hence Pootle is not an option I guess.

No, at least not the official from TYPO3. Personally I configured my own
Pootle instance, similar to the official one for my private extensions
and hooked into EM to let me fetch l10n packages from my own server. It
won't help you but at least you have an idea of what others may have done.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6