[TYPO3-english] Step 2

Juliane Engsig julianeengsig at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:58:31 CEST 2013

Hi! I'm new to TYPO3 and I am installing it for the first time (creating
web sites in general is new to me...so please bare with me). My hosting and
domain are with OVH.

Problem : In the install tool I can't get any further than step 2, since
TYPO3 tells me that a database has not been created (which is not true).

So I try to use the "skip this wizard" function and I go to "Edit files in
typo3conf/<http://www.co-opetition.net/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=typo3conf_edit>"
where I put in (with of course the actual names of my database, etc) :

$typo_db_username = 'user DB';
$typo_db_password = 'pass';
$typo_db_host = 'server name';

$typo_db = 'name DB ';

In my  ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL<http://www.co-opetition.net/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=typo3conf_edit&TYPO3_INSTALL[typo3conf_files]=%2Fhomez.713%2Fcoopetit%2Fwww%2Ftypo3conf%2FENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL#confEditFileList>file
I put in "Keep file".

I save it - and hereafter I'm not sure what to do. Nothing happens but I do
find a new deprecation_log file in Typo3conf every time I try to log on to
the Installation Tool (to see if my configuration has worked).

Has any body any idea of what is bugging? Is it OVH that do not work with
Typo3?

If you have a tutorial over this kind of configuration I would be more than
glad.

Thank you in advance !

/Juliane