[TYPO3-english] Step 2

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Apr 3 14:16:27 CEST 2013

Am 03.04.2013 13:58, schrieb Juliane Engsig:
> Hi! I'm new to TYPO3 and I am installing it for the first time (creating
> web sites in general is new to me...so please bare with me). My hosting and
> domain are with OVH.
>
> Problem : In the install tool I can't get any further than step 2, since
> TYPO3 tells me that a database has not been created (which is not true).
>
> So I try to use the "skip this wizard" function and I go to "Edit files in
> typo3conf/<http://www.co-opetition.net/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=typo3conf_edit>"
> where I put in (with of course the actual names of my database, etc) :
>
> $typo_db_username = 'user DB';
> $typo_db_password = 'pass';
> $typo_db_host = 'server name';
>
> $typo_db = 'name DB ';
>

> In my  ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL<http://www.co-opetition.net/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=typo3conf_edit&TYPO3_INSTALL[typo3conf_files]=%2Fhomez.713%2Fcoopetit%2Fwww%2Ftypo3conf%2FENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL#confEditFileList>file
> I put in "Keep file".

Better: just create it (and refresh it each time you need it)
it will enable access to INSTALL-Tool for 30 minutes after each touch
(and will be touched for each page-call inside the install-tool)

> I save it - and hereafter I'm not sure what to do. Nothing happens but I do
> find a new deprecation_log file in Typo3conf every time I try to log on to
> the Installation Tool (to see if my configuration has worked).
>
> Has any body any idea of what is bugging? Is it OVH that do not work with
> Typo3?

in a fresh installation you may ignore the deprecation log

you may start the basic install-tool with
http://your.domain.tld/typo3/install/index.php

try to fill in the needed configuration in the "basic configuration"
(e.g. database connection) which is missing.
then start "database analyser" and do a 'compare'. As no tables exist
you may generate all tables.

in the same section 'Create "admin" user'.

now you can login to the normal TYPO3 backend and start a new page

before this you may visit "all configuration" and disable deprecation
log: search for [enableDeprecationLog] and empty the value (storing is
done at the end of the very long page).

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html