[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 for me

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Nov 14 21:34:42 CET 2012

Hi Gour,

Gour wrote:

> It reminds me on the days when I was playing with XSLT, but decided
> it's not very human programming language. :-)

Well, it is about passing variables, arrays or object collections (like
arrays) and print them using conditions and loops inside some markup.

> So, Fluid is going to be recommended way to build TYPO3 web sites in
> 6.0?

No. Choose the way that fits you best. You should have a look at fluid to
configure (extbase) extension templates, but there is no reason to limit
your choice to a single method.
You will need the marker based approch for older extensions and maybe
templavoila fits your needs.

Without knowing your requirements, nobody can really recommand one of the
above template methods.
And of course it really depends on your needs.
If you are running on the limit of your webserver, you may want to use
another method than if you need to implements a complex design with
different mobile outputs.

It really depends, and neither way will make you stop later on.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!