[TYPO3-english] Upgrading 4.5.16 LTS

Daniel Huf d.huf at theoreme.ch
Tue Jul 17 09:46:42 CEST 2012

Hi,

Usually I don't have a ssh account so what I do is I upload the new
version of the source with another folder name over FTP:

t3lib => t3lib_youNameIt
typo3 => typo3_youNameIt

Once it's done, I change the "old typo3 source folders" on the FTP:

t3lib => t3lib_v4-5-16
typo3 => typo3_v4-5-16

And the "new" to:
t3lib_youNameIt => t3lib
typo3_youNameIt => typo3

So if there is any problem I can just rename the folders to go back to
the old version.

Always check the wiki about upgrades:
wiki.typo3.org/Upgrade

And the version changes:
http://wiki.typo3.org/TYPO3_4.5.17

=> cf:The usual upgrading procedure applies. No database updates are
necessary.

Hope it helps, enjoy