[TYPO3-english] Upgrading 4.5.16 LTS

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue Jul 17 10:02:05 CEST 2012

On 07/16/2012 08:59 PM, Stewart Cruse wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have never completed an upgrade for Typo3. What is in the instructions is
> very vague.
>

> I am upgrading from 4.5.16 to 4.5.26. What do I do. All I saw in the
> upgrade instructions were backup files by ftp and back up database. Then
> what?

where did you get 4.5._26_ ????
I assume this version is not secure in any way.

> Is there an upgrade download? Do I just install the new version. Why isn’t
> there a simple upgrade button?

as nobody knows your exact configuration [¹] there can't be a foolproof
upgrade.

if you need some help try http://pi-phi.de/292.html
or http://pi-phi.de/241.html (with adaption to the neccessary steps as
above)

otherwise there is an extension to update typo3-core:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/dix_coreupdater

but I have no experience as I use my own scripts outside of TYPO3

[¹] some prefer to have the source in the web-root, some prefer it one
level higher, other use a common dir at the same level as web-root.
some TYPO3-hoster provide you with the actual source-versions
automatically with links in your web-root. some hoster gave you links to
all 'versions' but change these to the newest version. ....

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html