[TYPO3-english] Upgrading 4.5.16 LTS

Stewart Cruse stewart at digitaleditor.com
Mon Jul 16 20:59:42 CEST 2012

Hi

I have never completed an upgrade for Typo3. What is in the instructions is
very vague.

I am upgrading from 4.5.16 to 4.5.26. What do I do. All I saw in the
upgrade instructions were backup files by ftp and back up database. Then
what?

Is there an upgrade download? Do I just install the new version. Why isn’t
there a simple upgrade button?

I am not a programmer and have spent the last 3 years fighting hacker and
rogue programmers and don’t have any money to hire someone to do this and
can’t afford being down if something goes wrong.

Please make the security upgrades simple.

Thanks I know this will rub some the wrong way but life is too hard right
now to fail on an upgrade.

*Stewart*