[TYPO3-english] How do you organize external TypoScript files?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:04:43 CET 2012

On 2012-02-22 17:28, Marcus Schwemer wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> from the point of directory structure I agree with the others, but I
> would go one step further and use an own simple extension for it.

I actually thought about that as well but didn't want to take that step
yet.
Instead, I moved my whole content that isn't user-generated out of the
fileadmin folder. So now I have a resources folder next to my fileadmin
folder.
I like that for the same reason you mention. It keeps separates the
templates/scripts/etc from the files the users use.

All I had to do to make the switch was set:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['addAllowedPaths'] = "resources";

Oliver