[TYPO3-english] How do you organize external TypoScript files?

Marcus Schwemer typo3 at schwemer.de
Wed Feb 22 17:28:15 CET 2012

Hi Oliver,

from the point of directory structure I agree with the others, but I
would go one step further and use an own simple extension for it. It
contains all css / img / js and whatever files you need.

Why?

It moves out those files from access of "normal" users, if (as in most
cases) the filemount is not limited to certain subfolders below "fileadmin".

Another advantage is that you can download your ext, upload it to
another site, add the main setup and constants and you have the site
mostly running.

If you add other extensions like tt_news, user-registration, et al. to
the requirements, it even forces you to install them. :-)

Cheers
Marcus