[TYPO3-english] How do you organize external TypoScript files?

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Feb 23 08:59:29 CET 2012

On 02/22/2012 06:04 PM, Oliver Salzburg wrote:
> On 2012-02-22 17:28, Marcus Schwemer wrote:
>> Hi Oliver,
>>
>> from the point of directory structure I agree with the others, but I
>> would go one step further and use an own simple extension for it.
>
> I actually thought about that as well but didn't want to take that step
> yet.
> Instead, I moved my whole content that isn't user-generated out of the
> fileadmin folder. So now I have a resources folder next to my fileadmin
> folder.
> I like that for the same reason you mention. It keeps separates the
> templates/scripts/etc from the files the users use.
>
> All I had to do to make the switch was set:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['addAllowedPaths'] = "resources";

nearly the same without additional typo3conf-entry can be done with a
separation beyond fileadmin

fileadmin
..+data
..|..+img
..|..+pdf
..|...:
..+sys
.....+html
.....+js
.....+css
.....+img
.......:

all editors get only access (filemount) to data/, and all configuration
is in sys/, which includes all layout-images needed for templates (in
html/) and css.
so there could be one further folder for typoscript templates which
can't be accessed by normal editors

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html