[TYPO3-english] DirectMail extension

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:21:38 CET 2012

On 2012-02-22 12:22, "HocomAdvies [ ☃ Wiechert Hooghwinkel ]" wrote:
> Erik thanks for your reply,
>
> Yes I included the static Direct Mail Plain Text, in fact I did everything as described in the manual. The odd thing is that also in an other (production) TYPO3 setup it's not working.
>
> Which steps did I follow:
> 1. install the extension
> 2. create a new sysfolder DirectMail (at the end of the tree)
> 3. add the dm plugin tot that page (through the page properties)
> 4. click on template and create a template for a new site
> 5. include in this new site template the DirectMail Plain text statics and Css_content
> 6. create a new page and preview as text and html page
> 7. create a dm-mail for testing the sending of the newsletter page
> 8. test the sending of the mail (in my production server setup, it remains saying:
> Check the following warning.
> The plain text content does not contain any direct mail boundaries.
> The HTML content does not contain any direct mail boundaries.
>  (sending the mail itself works fine)
> 9. In my test setup I managed to get rid of this message, (but I cannot reproduce this in the new setup) unfortunately. On the other hand, it still gives the  [Unrendered Content Element: templavoila_pi1 behaviour. Also when the above does not contain boundaries message is not shown.
>
> In the test system I managed to get an sysfolder attached to the Newsite template for the news_template and fce. In the production site however I cannot get that done. So the news_template exist as part of the main website? The test environment is 4.6.1 and the production is 4.5.2.
> Don't know if this might interfere?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Wiechert

I think to even be able to render ANY TemplaVoila content, you need to
put another extension to work (like svo_tvplaintext).
If I remember correctly, there are at least 2 extensions who want to
provide plain-text rendering for TemplaVoila content.
I got only 1 of them to work and I don't think that worked right with
FCEs.

Oliver