[TYPO3-english] unpleasant experiences with TYPO3 4.5.11 and templavoila 1.6.1

Stephan Bernhard grac at gmx.ch
Sat Feb 18 13:11:44 CET 2012

hi list

this is not a cross-posting!

the templavoila-forum is not frequently used /visited and i need faster
answers...

my unpleasant experiences with TYPO3 4.5.11:

- copying a page into subpages:
this is very slow, unreliable and sometimes absolutely wrong.
the pagetree doesn't reload automatically after copying, the uid just
get's copied.
so after having copied once, i have to reload the pagetree manually.
then i see the new uid. sometimes the system has created two copies
(sometimes one is a real copy, the other one is a reference page).
when i wait too long with manually reloading the pagetree i see a handy
window which allows me to enter the new page title.
but then i have lost the possibility to copy the page again.
it's even worse: i have to control if all the CE's are still in the
right order - some of them just go into "unused elements".

my unpleasant experiences with templavoila 1.6.1:

- copying FCE and FE via clipboard 1, 2 etc.:
although i have
	setup.default.neverHideAtCopy=1
	setup.override.neverHideAtCopy=1
in my userTSconfig, copying an CE from one FCE into another just hides
the CE-copy.

- copying a combination of FCE and included CD's doesn't work correctly.
therefore i have to copy first an FCE and then the CE's.
and in the end reconstruct the FCE and included CE's manually
(in former versions it was a matter of one click).
sometimes the copy process just only makes references instead of local
copies.
or even two: one is a local copy and one is a reference.

- positionioning the reconstructed FCE and included CD's with
drag'n'drop is not reliable at all:
after moving the copied elements i have to reload the page and control
every time (!) that it is never the last element, but the second last
(which i don't want).

- the preview of the content of a CE cannot be shortened, although the
parameters are set in pageTSconfig:
	mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1.previewDataMaxLen = 50 (default: 2000)
	mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1.previewDataMaxWordLen = 30 (default: 75)

all in all it almost doubles the time i need to copy a long page into
subpages and the do the necessary split of content.

if you have hundreds of long pages to devide up into 5-10 subpages, it
counts heavily!

BTW. i have a highspeed connection and the server is a business server.
so it's not a matter of lost connections.

thanks for any hints and help
stephan