[TYPO3-english] What's going on with styles.content.imgtext.maxW?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Feb 13 17:25:30 CET 2012

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Salzburg wrote:
> So today I was very confused why an image on our website refused to
> scale to a size greater than 300x227 pixels. No matter what values I
> provided under Image Adjustments in Appearance tab, it wouldn't grow
> beyond 300 pixels in width.
>
> [...]
>
> Given that the 600 is the default value, only seen by the user in the
> constant editor, wouldn't it make sense to display some sort of warning
> if a user tries to set a size for an image that exceeds the limit?
> I mean, the user is not going to have any idea that a default limit is
> in place. And even if he does, he won't see how it is relevant (given
> that the value for the limit is *twice* the actual limit).

Are you sure you did not define *2 columns* of images in your Appearance
tab? The maximal width is calculated based on the limit you have + the
number of columns you choose. As 2 columns is the default value, I'd bet
that this is where the problem comes from...

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6