[TYPO3-english] Realurl for subdirectory Typo3 installation without showing subdirectory name in Domain url

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Dec 29 13:59:42 CET 2012

Hi Guan Ming,

Guan Ming wrote:

> Can I assume "webroot" = "Document root" ?   If so, I think my ISP has
> also mentioned that to me, which make me hesitate to change, because I
> also thought by configuring realurl or TYPO3 BE could do the trick, and I
> also has other web apps under Primary Domain. In this case, Primary Domain
> + subdir for my TYPO3 is fine to me eventually.

Yes, document root the the term used in the apache manuals.
Changing the document root is the most simple solution. I am not much into
the redirecting stuff, but you must somehow separate the domain with and
without the subdir inside the URL. Otherwise the server can not distinguish
the two cases.
It might be easier to work with different subdomains which point to
different document roots.

> Anyway, Philipp, thanks for your reply. I see you are one of very active
> and diligent persons in Lists.typo3 answering many other people's
> questions. Thanks very much for your help again, Merry Christmas and Happy
> New Year

Thanks for your warm words.

Have a happy new year.
Documentation – linkvalidator