[TYPO3-english] Need friendly domain (realurl) for TYPO3 installed on subdirectory

Guan Ming guanming.jgh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 18:16:42 CET 2012

Hi, buddies

I am using *WEC start package (4.5.11)  (PHP 5.2.17, MySQL 5.0.x, Linux)*

My host itself is "domain1.com" in its root directory,   I have single
TYPO3 installation on subdirectory of "domain1.com/web", I also have *
domain2.com as addon-domain* to domain1, pointed to subdirectory "
domain1.com/web".

I have created 2 domain page-tree in Typo3 backend. I added domain-record
to their root-page as "www.domain1.com" & "www.domain2.com". In WEC start
package, they use siteURL instead of baseURL (baseURL = {$siteURL} ), so
that I also config siteURL to "http://www.domain1.com/" & "
http://www.domain2.com/"  (need "/" according to instruction).

After those configuration, domain2.com work perfectly with realurl.  So I
also want domain1 (the main domain, not addon-domain) to be shown as
www.domain1.com (NOT www.domain1.com/web/).  This seems to need to edit
.htaccess file in root-direcotry in order to point to /web/ subdirectory.
So I tried following code in the .htaccess file of the *root-diectory*.
(add it on the .htaccess file of typo3 directory doesn't work at all)

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?domain1\.com$
#RewriteRule ^/?(.*)$ web/$1 [L]

However, this only make the www.domain1.com to show correctly for the
homepage, but doesn't work on its sub-pages, e.g. www.domain1.com/subpage1/.
It gives me error like

Oops, an error occured!

Reason: Segment "ound" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as expected on
page with id=61.

Additionally, http://www.domain1.com/notfound/ was not found while trying
to retrieve the error document.

The id=61 id the rootpid of the domain1, so it is correct. But I can't
understand why this doesn't work for subpages

I left realurl as auto-configuration, and I also see realurl configuration
in BE-->info module has 2 domains auto configured, like

*$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']*
[www.domain1.com]
*.*
*.*
*.*