[TYPO3-english] TS condition for browser and FE users gives weird error

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Dec 3 12:14:31 CET 2012

Am 03.12.2012 11:23, schrieb Morten Kjems:
> Hi.
>
> I have a few questions regarding browser conditions.
>
> I have a page that displays one kind one content for Firefox and another
> for all other browsers.
>
> Here is the snippet.
>
> # Display for Firefox
> [browser = firefox]

in earlier times the browser was 'netscape', as typo3.org is down at the
moment I can't look into the manuals

> My first questions is: Am I using COA_INT correct. The page i cached but
> I want to make sure that the content elements are not cached (so it
> always check for the browser).

no.
10 can't be two differnt things at the same time.

 > 10 = COA_INT
^ this is nice,
but this v does an overwrite
 > 10 = RECORDS

as far as I remembered your attemps goes in the wrong direction.

1. caching is based on conditions. so you don't need to use COA_INT at
all. the condition is evaluated before interpreting TS. depending on
that the (cached) page is delivered.

> And here is the more serious problem:
>
> The content element that is displayed for Firefox users is a simple TV
> FCE container with more content  elements inside. Each of these elements
> are restricted to different usergroups.
>
> This seems to confuse Typo3. When I clear all cache and visit the page
> for the first time, no content is displayed. The second time I
> visit/refresh the page the correct content is displayed.

2. caching is done depending on usergroups (and conditions). This should
be handled automatic.
in this way you can have one page cached multiple times, at least with
the old caching.

> Why do I need to refresh the page twice?
> Is it not posible to set conditions for content that already has
> usergroup conditions?
>
> Typo3 version 4.7

two things I have not much experience:
- TV, as I don't like the way it messes up sites (my personal experience)
- the caching in 4.7 is done in a different way than earlier versions of
TYPO3, but I don't think that the handling does not take in account
these earlier behavior.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html