[TYPO3-english] TS condition for browser and FE users gives weird error

Morten Kjems mke at bolius.dk
Mon Dec 3 11:23:37 CET 2012

Hi.

I have a few questions regarding browser conditions.

I have a page that displays one kind one content for Firefox and another for
all other browsers.

Here is the snippet.

# Display for Firefox
[browser = firefox]
10 = COA_INT
10 = RECORDS
10.tables = tt_content
10.source = 137
10.dontCheckPid = 0
# Display for other browsers
[else]
10 = COA_INT
10 = RECORDS
10.tables = tt_content
10.source = 139
10.dontCheckPid = 0
[end]

My first questions is: Am I using COA_INT correct. The page i cached but I
want to make sure that the content elements are not cached (so it always
check for the browser).

And here is the more serious problem:

The content element that is displayed for Firefox users is a simple TV FCE
container with more content  elements inside. Each of these elements are
restricted to different usergroups.

This seems to confuse Typo3. When I clear all cache and visit the page for
the first time, no content is displayed. The second time I visit/refresh the
page the correct content is displayed.

Why do I need to refresh the page twice?
Is it not posible to set conditions for content that already has usergroup
conditions?

Typo3 version 4.7

All suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks.