[TYPO3-english] TS condition for browser and FE users gives weird error

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:50:23 CET 2012

Hi!

Morten Kjems wrote:
> 10 = COA_INT

10 is now COA_INT.

> 10 = RECORDS

10 is now RECORDS. Nothing is left from COA_INT.

> My first questions is: Am I using COA_INT correct.

Nope. You erased it with the second line. If you want to keep COA_INT, you
would need to place RECORDS inside it:

10 = COA_INT
10.10 = RECORDS

> The page is cached but I want to make sure that the content elements are
> not cached (so it always check for the browser).

There alwais is a check. You do not need COA_INT here. Remove the first
line ("10 = COA_INT") and leave the rest.

> The content element that is displayed for Firefox users is a simple TV
> FCE container with more content elements inside. Each of these elements
> are restricted to different usergroups.
>
> This seems to confuse Typo3. When I clear all cache and visit the page
> for the first time, no content is displayed. The second time I
> visit/refresh the page the correct content is displayed.
>
> Why do I need to refresh the page twice?

Hard to say but most likely you do something strange there (like that
example with double assignment of "10").

> Is it not posible to set conditions for content that already has
> usergroup conditions?

Conditions look like "[....]" in TypoScript. User groups are not
conditions. User groups and conditions work well together.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member

Simplicity will save the world.