[TYPO3-english] ttnews or T3BLOG

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Thu Sep 29 07:07:53 CEST 2011

Good morning,

Am 29.09.2011 04:59, schrieb jaco graaff:
> 1. can it integrate with mm_forum??
> I think the answer is yes - I am about halfway through the process and got
> stuck in the mm_forum module wizard... arrrgh - have to spend a couple of
> hours to solve that

I know nothing about mm_forum but if you are talking about a wizard,
this could be possible.

> 2. Is there a calendar type control that can plug into
> Do I have to build one myself in some way or is there one existing like
> with
> tt_news - basically a calendar with highlights on the days posts were made

So you want a list module which shows a calendar and every day with an
entry should be linked or so?

this could be done completly within the view with some additional
viewHelpers. EXT:news doesn't provide that currently.

> 3. can I restrict editing backend users by category
> I guess I can - just need to find out how - for instance Mr. Doe should
> only
> be allowed to add articles/news for the Retailers News-Category

not done but planned

> 4. Can I browser news articles by categories in backend
> At the moment I see a flat view of the news items - (same for tt_news) In
> the long run this could be difficult for managing news - It would be great
> if there was a Module like with mm-forum - or Newsletters - where you can
> browse by pagetree

for sure a nice feature. tt_news got such a backend module and this
could of course also be nice for ext:news, not yet there.

> - I guess I could arrange the articles in
> SUB-system-folders myself

truze

> 5. can I edit a news item like a regular content element - add images in
> text etc.... how do i enable images???

if you mean images in the RTE: this is just a configuration of the RTE
with tsconfig.

> I have enabled using regular content
> elements and can add them under the news -item -
> but it is not a very nice UI for end-users because:
> a. every save closes the dialogue,

this is a general problem of IRRE but I guess I can change configuration
that last one stays open.

> b. The "linked" content-elements get saved seperately in the same level as
> the news articles causing more noise (I guess I can again move it
> manually -
> but that is workflow overhead for simple users

you mean on the same page? if you set hideFileTable in extension
manager's settings, all those additional tables are not shown.

> 6. is there a way to display the first image on a news post with the teaser
> on the front end

sure! you just need to click the preview checkbox in the media element.
It doens't need to be the first in the list.

- I see there is a default image in the deafult template
> being displayd - I am searching through the documentation to change this
> but
> have not found anything -

settings.displayDummyIfNoMedia = 1

> What if the image is in one of the Attached
> Content Elements because the default news interface cannot have an image in
> the body text...

haven't thought about that yet but you will need a viewhelper which will
get you the images out of the content element.

> 7. I am struggling with my Templavoila-RealURL to work with News, paths are
> like:
> ?tx_news_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=News&tx_news_pi1%5Baction%5D=detail&tx_news_pi1%5Bnews%5D=4&cHash=8200639cb6f5361e7198030aa6d9b217
>
> is there any way to get user friendly urls??? for seo

Have yu seen http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-news/wiki/RealURL

Georg