[TYPO3-english] ttnews or T3BLOG

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Thu Sep 29 08:13:30 CEST 2011

Hi Georg

thanks for the feedback - I am going through those recommendations and will
see where it gets me

some commends:

>> 1. can it integrate with mm_forum??
I guess to do this I have to add a unique Topic for mm_forum every time I
create a blog/article I want comments on. Then add a mm_forum comments
plugin to the article as a extra content element so it will display with the
article/news/blog-post..

Do you have any other recommended workflow to allow comments more
automatically??

I guess I could create a new FCE in templavoila containing all these
items???

>> 5. can I edit a news item like a regular content element - add images in
> >text etc.... how do i enable images???

>if you mean images in the RTE: this is just a configuration of the RTE with
>tsconfig.

Ok - my RTE shows those options in all other plugins, views but not in
news - I'll look for a way to specifically configure RTE in the news module

>> b. The "linked" content-elements get saved seperately in the same level
>> as
>> the news articles causing more noise (I guess I can again move it
>> manually -
>> but that is workflow overhead for simple users

> you mean on the same page? if you set hideFileTable in extension manager's
> settings, all those additional tables are not shown.

As you can see on the attached image

1,2 & 3 are additional content elements added to the news posts. As soon as
I added them they created their respective table control in the "News
Entries" folder

4 are the current tables I need for news, 4 are the additional ones - and
the more types of Content Elements I add (links, forums, galleries, etc...)
the more data on the page

Ideally I want the backend to be as simple as possible for content creators.

>> 6. is there a way to display the first image on a news post with the
>> teaser
>> on the front end

> sure! you just need to click the preview checkbox in the media element. It
> doens't need to be the first in the list.

Ok - but that will be for a image attached thought the Relations tab????

I don't see a preview checkbox there

Also there is no options for images and preview checkbox's in my news screen
as in attachment
exampleNewsEditScreen

8. I want a user to go to a page:
SomeCategory_News

Then they see the latest News item of that category in largest area and on
side a list of older items

clicking on right-side list opens the news item in the main area

In my detail view page

as per the manual:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/news/1.0.0/view/1/1/

I can only select a specific news-item and not "the latest"

Is this something I can only do in typoscript

also - It might be issues with my admin-permissions (What I can see)
(inherited from the templavoila-framework I'm testing) because I see no
custom typoscript textareas.

Can I get screenshots of the normal layout of the news dialogues to see if
there are any fields missing on mine???

thanks again Georg

Jaco