[TYPO3-english] Newbie - Some doubts

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Sun Sep 4 12:14:30 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to do the website of my company in Typo3. I knew this CMS
some years ago, and I love it, but never used it to do some serious with
it, only playing. Now, I want to base my work on it. But, first of all,
I'm newbie in T3 :P

For my first project, I want to do my own company website. Because my
design skills are horrible, I'm doing some test trying to use Artisteer
as template maker, to map later with TV in my site.

I installed T3 4.5.5, and I'm going throug some errors I don't know how
to solve.

First problem, Is with content editor. When I try to edit a content, I
get a blank page (screenshot: http://yfrog.com/m9nopeditablecontentj )

I'm having problems with TV too.

The header has a little flash, only to give a shine effect. In
template.html works, but the page generated by T3, flash is not working.
screenshot header by t3: http://yfrog.com/n7noflashj
screnshot original template (with background effect):
http://yfrog.com/jttemplateckj

And, if is not enough :P I can't get menu working.

In template, the menu is something like:
> <ul class="art-menu">
> <li>
> </li>
> <li>
> <ul>
> <ul>

I only got it working mapping <ul> (OUTER), but CSS is not taking in count.
screenshot how menu is showing: http://yfrog.com/npmenuwocssj

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.