[TYPO3-english] Email Marketing with TYPO3

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun Sep 4 13:37:04 CEST 2011

Hey.

On 09/04/2011 05:37 AM, Andreas Becker wrote:
> especially if you have to send out Newsletters to more than 50.000 people?

Be prepared to face some nifty problems if you try to deliver this
amount of mail within reasonable time:
- Big mail hosters like google, gmx and so on only accept a little
number of mails per system in a given time frame
- You can easily appear on blacklists for various reasons

You might think about a specialized mass mail provider like 'optivo
broadmail', they have contracts with big mail hosters and their
infrastructure enables them to deliver >50k of mails within a couple of
minutes.
I have seen at least three different extensions in the wild that extend
direct_mail to feed the optivo API via TYPO3 backend but I'm unsure if
any of them is available. Feel free to contact e-netconsulting.com if
you need further help on this topic.

Regards
Christian