[TYPO3-english] problem with External Data Import ext

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 15 14:32:47 CET 2011

Hi Nicola,

> Everything seems to work fine but one little field.
> What happens is that this field reaches correctly the debug step "Data
> received (sample)" but then when it should get imported to the corresponding
> destination field it magically disappear and i really don't understand why.
> It's just a int field that should pass through some transformation but at
> the moment the $record[FIELD] get just assigned to the returned vairable.

I must say your explanation is a bit confusing. However I would suspect
some error in your external configuration. Indeed if a field appears in
the data sample, but not afterwards, it probably means that it's not
preserved during the "handle data" step. Any field that does not have an
external configuration or is not part of the list of additional fields
is dropped at that point (this is meant to save some memory when
excessive data is received from the external source).

I'm not sure if this helps a lot.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter