[TYPO3-english] problem with External Data Import ext

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 7 20:38:21 CET 2011

Hi Nicola,

> UPDATE:
> I found it (stupid me), i didn't really understand that "additional_fields"
> do not have to be declared if u also want to import them ;).

Correct :-)

> So now the import goes smooth but still  it gives me "syncronization
> failed!" even if the data are all correctly imported.
> It always stops at the debug message "TCEmain data".
>
> Never get to reach the following steps "New IDs" and "Synchronisation of
> table..." that sometimes (and I didn't get how) it reached.

Hmm, this is really weird. The situation with the "Synchronization
failed" message is a bit of a bother. It may be that a PHP error
happened. Unfortunately you never get to see the error message in the
TYPO3 BE, because the output is flushed at some point and whatever error
output there was is lost (that has to do with the fact that the
synchronisation occurs via an AJAX call). OTOH you should be able to see
something in your PHP logs if an error really happened.

There's another situation, also related to the use of AJAX: it may be
that the response object is too large. I could not figure out what is
the size limit, but if the response is too large, it is simply dropped.
Thus you actually get a successful HTTP response (code 200), but an
empty response and thus a "Synchronization failed" message. The response
may be too large if the actual data storage generated many errors (I
have a development version which fixes that, but it's not ready for
release yet). However in this case you should see error messages in the
devlog if you have the debug mode activated. So I would rather goes with
the first hypothesis.

Other than that, it means the problem is more peculiar and is probably
related to a specificity of your system, so I can only advise you to dig
into the source code and place additional debug statements. In your case
the problem would probably be happening in the
tx_externalimport_importer::storeData() method.

I hope this helps a bit.

>> 1) I made a new connector service as I need to retrieve data from db ->
>> works fine;

Interesting. I worked on that too and am actually close to releasing
such an extension. I just need to write the manual. See:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-svconnector_sql

Cheers

--

Francois Suter