[TYPO3-english] problem with External Data Import ext

Nicola Cerchiari nicola.cerchiari at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:04:45 CET 2011

Hi Françcois,
thank you very much for ur advices, they have been very beautiful. In fact i
could find out that the "problem" is into the method:
$tce->process_datamap();
Moreover I also found out that it's just (or mainly) a matter of execution
time in fact rising it from 30 to 90 seconds makes the execution not to
fail.

This matter, as i suppose, happens only in the manual sync coz it uses ajax?

May I ask you also a suggestion? We are importing a huge amount of data,
just to give u an estimate 10 to 20 fields from a 1000 to 150.000 records
per connector.
Do you have any "best-practice" to import such an amount of data? I.e.
importing less field per time creating more connectors.

Bests and thank you very much again,
Nicola

PS if u would like i can send u the t3x about the connector for db I made,
but I think ur solution is much better without even seeing it ;-)